Home > Trip Reports > January 26, 2006, Cliff Lake near Mount Shasta

January 26, 2006, Cliff Lake near Mount Shasta

1/26/06
US elsewhere
Posted by shastariffic on 2/14/06 12:11am
Took the ghetto sleds out with my good friend, Eric Schweitzer, on Saturday. Cruised up the South Fork of the Sacramento River to Cliff Lake - about 8 miles. Parked the sleds on the South Fork, the road into Cliff looked sketchy! Skinned in the 1.5 miles to middle Cliff, and followed the right hip up to the summit. Had a nice lunch overlooking the Trinity Alps, and finished off with 2 feet of freshies in the trees down to cliff. While we were hiking, some snowmobilers on 1000cc sleds punched their way up the road to Cliff Lake and had some nice riding for sure! We skinned out on their sled tracks until we ran back into our skin trail which was nice, since blazing trail in the deep pow took a little extra effort. The actual snowboarding footage was filmed with our miniDv recording unit using a 520tv line res helmet camera. I did not have a glare or lens cover on - and you can still see the washed out colors, what a shame. The rest of the footage was filmed in HD (High definition @ 1440×1080i) with a Sony HC1, then down converted to SD in Vegas Video. Enjoy. -chad

Go here for a short video of the TR: http://helmetcameracentral.com/2006/01/26/backcountry-snowboarding-at-cliff-lake-near-mount-shasta/

Reply to this TR

january-26-2006-cliff-lake-near-mount-shasta
shastariffic
2006-02-14 08:11:58