Home > Trip Reports > April 9, 2018, Cooke City, MT/WY

April 9, 2018, Cooke City, MT/WY

4/9/18
US elsewhere
Posted by cascademystic on 4/9/18 12:26am
Photos from exploring Yellowstone a few weeks ago. Skinned from Cooke City every morning. Bighorn sheep and mountain goats, winding couloirs, low density snow and solitude.

Thanks for the report, been through there when the road over Beartooth is open skiing on the pass, but your turns look great. A serious commitment to get there, some of my sled neck neighbors go every year and rave about the snow.

Yeah I want to go, Rusty who used to work for NWAC moved to Bozeman and says it's great

Awesome photos.
Heading there weekend after next.
Got two day booked with local guide Beau Fredlund.

Man, that's yummy delish.  Nice job!
I guess the nearly to the knee following boot steps in picture 4 helped quell the voice in your head saying "turn right!"

Fun pics (though I'm tempted to second the "shhh" comment by Matias...shrug).

author=Scotsman link=topic=40503.msg161007#msg161007 date=1523317167]
Awesome photos.
Heading there weekend after next.
Got two day booked with local guide Beau Fredlund.

You'll have a good time skiing with Beau. I grew up in BZN with his (now ex) GF and have skied into the craters of a couple NW volcanoes with them. Great skier, very knowledgeable, uber fit, quiet. A Cooke City hermit, no doubt!

Cooke is a strange and wonderful place. I've toured and sled-skied a bit there but barely scratched the surface.

author=Norseman link=topic=40503.msg161016#msg161016 date=1523371321]
Fun pics (though I'm tempted to second the "shhh" comment by Matias...shrug).

You'll have a good time skiing with Beau. I grew up in BZN with his (now ex) GF and have skied into the craters of a couple NW volcanoes with them. Great skier, very knowledgeable, uber fit, quiet. A Cooke City hermit, no doubt!

Cooke is a strange and wonderful place. I've toured and sled-skied a bit there but barely scratched the surface.

Ex GF= KT Miller???
I've Followed Beau's exploits for quite some time ( Cooke City Chronicles Etc) and I'm really looking forward to meeting him.
I'll tell him hi from you!

author=Scotsman link=topic=40503.msg161024#msg161024 date=1523386581]
Ex GF= KT Miller???
I've Followed Beau's exploits for quite some time ( Cooke City Chronicles Etc) and I'm really looking forward to meeting him.

Going to look forward to hearing that TR in person, perhaps trail side if nothing else.

OP, some good stoke, thanks for posting.

author=Scotsman link=topic=40503.msg161024#msg161024 date=1523386581]
Ex GF= KT Miller???

Yes, Ms. Miller. Pretty incredible lady... one of my most cherished friends. Inspirational human. Did we run into you at Crystal a few years ago when she visited?

That'd be cool if you could wish him well for me.

-S

Reply to this TR

april-9-2018-cooke-city-mt-wy
cascademystic
2018-04-09 07:26:26