Home > Trip Reports > April 7, 2018, Vertfest

April 7, 2018, Vertfest

4/7/18
Posted by Chamois on 4/8/18 12:49pm
At 6:00 a.m. it was rainy and blowing the vendor tents around but things got colder and settled down a bit - and it was snowy and blowy. First time at Bachelor Vertfest for several of us and we joined about 80 others to trudge up, transition, ski down, trudge up again, ski down, and then a final boot pack up the cone to ski down to the finish.

While it was my first AT tour (transitioning from tele) it was a hoot. Well organized, very encouraging participants (most of whom pasted me) and from the station checkers standing out in the snow and wind to provide support and encouragement. And at the. top of the. boot pack, bacon and hot chocolate.

My buddies Scott and Linda managed 15th and 17th place --- my only honor was a second place in the age category (rats!!). Too much fun.

Let's hear it for age categories!

sorry to miss it, here is a highlight reel I came across, it's worth a view :)

http://www.pictaram.net/post/1753103159598822509_1569026127

That backwards worm chick-dance tied for first for the pizza sized cookie prize. The guy who tied promptly dropped some of his and his dog scarfed it.

Did moon walk with skis on place?

Love those age categories...I was there and won the award for oldest competitor.  ;D  Always figured if I lived long enough, I'd win something eventually!  Did get a dang nice bottle of locally made gin.

My friends said I should show up next year to try and claim the geezer prize -- but I said - the winner looks good and is likely to be there next year anyway!  Cheers.

author=Chamois link=topic=40501.msg161154#msg161154 date=1524062756]
My friends said I should show up next year to try and claim the geezer prize -- but I said - the winner looks good and is likely to be there next year anyway!  Cheers.

lol.  On the slog up Down Under I always ask myself why I'm doing this and to remember the pain so I don't do it again.  Unfortunately, us old geezers don't remember anything.

Reply to this TR

april-7-2018-vertfest
Chamois
2018-04-08 19:49:11