Home > Forum > Crystal 4/3

Crystal 4/3

• CD
  • [CD]
More
03 Apr 2018 14:58 #231574 by CD
Crystal 4/3 was created by CD
I'm stuck on 410 west of Greenwater where the road is closed for an unknown reason. Oh well, might as well post my report.

QRM score: 3 out of 3. Powder Bowl, Outer Ferks, GV, Snorting Elk and secret Short North all excellent. One and done: Bear Pits and Kelley's Gap. By noon, MIFB had sun softened, so the rodent wheel kicked in with GV right and MIFB's until I had to go. Looks like I'm going to be late.

Since I was on the big ride solo today, piled on the vert for a season high 47K. Should have stayed and gone for 50+.

OH, lot's of people turning around heading for the Naches. They'll be doing a good business.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CD
  • [CD]
More
03 Apr 2018 16:33 #231575 by CD
Replied by CD on topic Re: Crystal 4/3
Update: 410 opened after 45 minutes. A semi hauling a flatbed with a log boom on it got a little confused where they were going. Some say he was trying to make it over Chinook Pass which would have been wrong on multiple levels. In the process, he lost his load into the ditch on the side of the road. I saw it there this morning. So, in someone's infinite wisdom, they decided to load the thing onto another semi at the peak of people coming down from skiing, completely blocking the road in the process. When the road opened and we were all driving slowly by the state patrol that was directing traffic, I asked him if the driver had been cited for an unsecured load that could have easily killed the occupants of multiple cars. His response? It wasn't my concern and keep moving. I did as I was told...

More
03 Apr 2018 16:54 #231576 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal 4/3
Aaahhhhhh....noticed all the mentioned stuff on the road...luckily we were there later and just flew through....SP? never argue with a officer! But I'd like to sometimes....anyway the next version of the ski day.....

Short Report - Big day!

Wordy Report - Very nice day, ultra light crowd, no lift lines, no frenzy for the next untracked pow line, great groomers (LS and MIFB anyway), nice early filtered sun (almost looked nasty for a bit), felt winter cold to me a lot today, big full on blue sky and sun mid day, snow coverage deep and happy pretty much everywhere - even the top of The Queen...PB to OuterFerks was the primo run - many repeats...next best for the Coombas was GV Bowl (pretty much anywhere skier right side) to MIFB which got nicer and nicer with some solar radiation. Total hamster day for me...never went farther north than GV Bowl/MIFB or further south than PB...had the longest day I've skied in many moons - made it to 3PM!!!! WOW!...Due to #1 having an ultra to long Bullwheel lunch (got half price for her wait - I got multiple PB runs - all good). Biggest vert for me this season and longest ski day and lots of soft bumps and lots of left over pow and just a lot of fun...and I got a lot of tired muscles right now!

Other - Pay lot nice and small, not many cars in B or C lots. Drive up was fast and nice with lots of Elk in the Ranch area, drive down was great after a few passing spots. No soup at CB lodge, no food either...base did have the main area serving food since they got swamped yesterday...crowd was big enough and hungry enough to desire more food service than just the Bullwheel....hopefully that will be the trend for the end season...not many days left at Crystal anymore(marketing plug...should get a discount on my pass)...didnt make the 47k number...but I was not far behind...and regardless of what BINX says...I did ski with #1 today!