Home > Trip Reports > Mar 24, 2018, - Snoquamlie Mountain Couloirs

Mar 24, 2018, - Snoquamlie Mountain Couloirs

3/24/18
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by dave095790 on 3/25/18 2:03pm
First time skiing at Snoqualmie Mountain, so we went for broke. 

Nick knew the way, and i was nearly dying from work routine and a cold, but that combination worked

We gave up first run down Slot to a group of three who were hot on our heels on the way up.  We opted for Crooked first.  Fun top part, but lackluster remainder kept this on the bottom of the list for the day. 

We cached our techncial gear at the col on the skin out, and headed back up for Slot.  I think we were the third party for the day, and it was a little chopped up, but still very good.  Well deserving of its classic status. 

On our way up we eye-balled the rappel and approach for Snot, and made relatively quick work of locating it.  We left a pretty stought rappel station on a tree for others to utilize.  60m will put you in position, but you may want a 70m to be a little more comfortable.  The aestheitcs of the rappel in and the flawless snow gives Snot the nod over the Slot. 

Even the ski down the Phantom was good and icing on the cake. 

Glad to finally getten my way up to that area. 

ALl three couloirs was about 10 miles and 7200 vert. 

Pictures to follow, hopefully tomorrow. 

One picture from my phone

Cool day. Looked like perfect snow from the picture. That long rap in must be fun.  I seldom have fun on a rappel, but adding powder skiing a steep - and that might do it!

Cool! Any shots of the spine face entrance to the Snot? It looked from afar like they weren't in, but they very well could be.

I was with a group that skied the three Snoqualmie Couloirs on Sunday. We found Dave's rappel anchor, but opted to ski the face. We found the snow on the upper face to be perfect (best few turns of the tour). Getting from the end of the rappel to the bottom of the couloir was a very icy traverse, but fairly low consequence.

I've included a picture from above the face. Picture and video from below here:  https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgyu2AKFcnJ/?taken-by=whatsarapp

Muy bien, gracias!

Reply to this TR

mar-24-2018-snoquamlie-mountain-couloirs
dave095790
2018-03-25 21:03:35