• Scotsman
  • [Scotsman]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
24 Mar 2018 19:02 #222106 by Scotsman
Crystal-3/24 was created by Scotsman
What an awesome couple of days.
Storm skiing powder with my wife yesterday and helping her feel the flow while skiing powder.
She is getting so good!
Today was something else..... Early untracked Right Angle to Gap to base then waited at Gate E3 for the usual suspects.
Steve turned up but we had to cycle back to help a friend find a lost ski... I found it after about 20 mins !! Then back to the gate and game on.
The  untracked pow in the stash today was perfect allowing one to enter a flow state and become mindless during the descent. Each perfect turn meeting no resistance and allowing a clean passage as you fell down the fall line.
The grins at the bottom said it all.
We cycled it 4 times, each time the skin out allowing you to meditate on the awesomeness of it all.
We even used ddk as a verb.... saying "lets ddk this stash until we've hamstered the shit out of it".

I dedicate one of my runs today to my fallen friend Freeski.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
24 Mar 2018 20:05 #222108 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Re: Crystal-3/24
The much less ethereal report from inbounds.
Lots of people today. Parking lots full all the way down to F and F was half full. It was a convergence day. Lots of new snow, some extreme skiing competition thing going on, and the reason we were there, Sturtevant's demo day. The lift lines where not bad though. The only really bad spots where chair 6, and Northway for the powder frenzy and the gondola which had a line all day long. There were lots of people doing the demos but with perseverance the two of us managed to try half a dozen nice skis each. Visibility was mostly pretty good, and the snow held up well. It was a two beers at the Natches kind of day. Man I'm glad I don't have to ski weekends anymore.

• Trolleyman
  • [Inspector]
More
27 Mar 2018 19:27 #231491 by Trolleyman
Replied by Trolleyman on topic Re: Crystal-3/24
I can agree to the great turns in the stash on both 24th and 25th. It was a nice way to avoid the anthill mentality inbounds. Employee housing also held up well next to the trees in the shade on the way to the car in E.