Home > Trip Reports > February 12, 2006, Red Mountain

February 12, 2006, Red Mountain

2/12/06
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by marcr on 2/12/06 10:41pm
We left the PR at 9 to give the snow a chance to soak in some rays and hopefully soften a bit.  The snow was a little firm through the trees in Commonwealth basin, but at the base of the route, it was very warm and quite nice.  We stripped off our layers, and began the skin up.  

Several hundred feet below the summit, the slope steepened considerably, and we switched to bootpacking.  Unfortunately, I dropped a skin, my lunch, and cell phone while futzing with my pack.  This necessitated a trip almost back down to the tree line to search, (less a bag of gorp that was strewn about the snow) but luckily I found it all on the way back up.  That ate up enough time that we weren't able to yo-yo a few slopes, just make one run from top to bottom.  

Managed to link to an already established bootpack, (maybe http://static.flickr.com/37/99104053_438b0618c0.jpg
" />

More pics
Hey Marc,

Nice pictures. That panorama is awesome. By the way, how long did the trip take?

Thanks.  

We were out about 6.5 hours, about one hour of which was lost running back down and up the hill to retrieve lost items ;)

It was spring out there.  Heres a photo of marcr riding.  

The steps helped, thanks.

Reply to this TR

february-12-2006-red-mountain
marcr
2006-02-13 06:41:09