Home > Forum > February 7-12, 2006, Lake Tahoe Resorts

February 7-12, 2006, Lake Tahoe Resorts

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 Feb 2006 13:19 #212322 by Zap
It's spring skiing at the Lake Tahoe area resorts. Spent the week using our midweek passes to ski at Kirkwood, Sierra at Tahoe, Northstar and Homewood. The day begins at 10am and we follow the sun and corn snow and finally are off the slopes by 1pm. The snowpack this year is lower than last year, but last year was exceptional. I have not done any touring yet but I checked out Ralston, Pyramid and Tallac and they all have excellent coverage. It appears the next week's weather will be cold with a bit of new snow. On a positive note, Jill returned to the slopes after spending 2 months recovering from an early season compression fracture of her left shoulder. It's great to have my ski buddy back. :)<br><br>Zap

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• silaswild
  • [silaswild]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 Feb 2006 18:09 #212324 by silaswild
Replied by silaswild on topic Re: February 7-12, 2006, Lake Tahoe Resorts
It was spring skiing in the Cascades too, Feb 7-12. Excellent corn in Nisqually chutes and down to 3000' in several other south facing slopes. 60 degrees at the top of Crystal Saturday with no wind. Stick around and save a lot of gas money. 8)<br><br>Despite this flame spark, please continuing to post your whereabouts to keep us drooling.

• jdclimber
  • [jdclimber]
More
13 Feb 2006 02:29 #212325 by jdclimber
Replied by jdclimber on topic Re: February 7-12, 2006, Lake Tahoe Resorts
Hola Sr. Zap-<br>Glad to hear you guys are back after it, living the dream. Keep us posted on where it is good.