Home > Forum > March 13, 2018 Canyons/Park City

March 13, 2018 Canyons/Park City

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
16 Mar 2018 20:49 #231387 by Zap

We parked and rode a Cabriolet (open gondola) to the center of the village and then walked 30 feet to the gondola or 4-seat Orange Bubble express lift. We rode the Orange Bubble express with a local and his friend. He mentioned that there are MOOSE on the ridges, and within a minute we saw one! I think the moose has a chain attached to his leg for the benefit of the tourists...

The sun was out and we skied the softening groomers of Super Condo and Sun Peak express lifts. We worked our way looker's left and outran the tourist groups on Spring Break with the kids. We skied down near the base of the Tombstone express which is right next to the Timberline 4-seat lift that links Canyons to Park City. There is a vast development of veeeeery expensive homes with a road and ski trails around the homes. You ski through the area and over the road that connects all the homes. The homes are up to an elevation of 8000'. None of the homes we passed seemed to be occupied. The cost of keeping the roads open and the driveways clear must be big bucks $$$$$.

Everyone that we rode the chairs with was very enjoyable and practically all were from Texas. I went to college in Texas, the cost was inexpensive, and I never shoveled snow. Now that is another story. We need to find out when Spring Break is so in the future we can avoid the people moving at speed with no or little control. We worry about being "hit", and quickly learned to stop just behind a 'SLOW' banner on a slope for protection. It was not a powder day, but the groomers softened as the day wore on. It was a nice cruising day, except for the crowds...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.