Crystal - 03/09 Sleeper Bonus

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
09 Mar 2018 17:41 #230670 by ddk
Crystal - 03/09 Sleeper Bonus was created by ddk
Short Report (relatively) - Expected a big crowd, line up for CHex was fairly big, but a lot of them were gate bashers skiing Lower FerkBull,  nice vis early and fast screamer groomers and very skiable off piste in the wind deposited areas.  Best - PB first lap before the HC big lineup, BP...both deep and fun, Doors were very pleasantly skiable, GV bowl and the Plunge...some areas deep and some places got pretty wind blown thin.  Never much of a line up on REX, but HC had enough of a line to allow me to get the pleasure of skiing a couple of lines on FQex early morning that I haven't done in years (one off of CMAC/Chapples? And the more fun line of K2! Nice double diamond gate and since I was number 3 down it - a lot of very nice deep fun...even the old Chair 5 line was fun....Did a late morning lunch and then a couple more fun laps in PB (second lap the fuzzy vis was kicking in)...and then back to REX to find fuzzy vis in GV Bowl and the noticeably early sun impacted southern slopes....got me to bail extra early.

Wordy Report - Mostly see the Short Report....more info,  snow quality was pretty great everywhere early, but got sun baked.  Crowd early was big, but never really  noticed much of a lineup other than when everyone realized that HC was open...kinda assume the same happened out north.  Lots of bombs early morning out north and even more bombs late morning into early afternoon out South with some pretty big slides down PinBall, Braindamage and Hour Glass off the King...Lots of multiple bombs way out south.  Great day, great snow, great groomers, great early lack of participation, great sun early, not so great fuzzy vis noonish....

Other - Soup at CB lodge was Clam Chow (wonder what it tastes like), Pizza I had was great - Meatball/Chicken/Real Bacon with a Alfredo sauce and cheese!  Ouch nice...Thanks Chub!...Pay lot fairly big and fairly full and B and C and D and E all full?  Lordy where were all those folks.

Hope someone will post all the places I didn't go to...North, South  and in-between...Definitely a surprisingly nice bonus day! Will be more challenging on south facing slopes tomorrow, but the groomers should be fun.....and South will be even bigger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2018 19:40 #230404 by myikat
Replied by myikat on topic Re: Crystal - 03/09 Sleeper Bonus
Sun sure has power these days- by 10 anything twisted S was affected then got hard as the fog drifted in. Great snow in HC- not deep but creamy and not badly wind impacted. Yoyo'ld the hike to a half dozen times, untracked each drop, till the gate opened a little after noon. Did a few sweet drops into A basin untracked top to bottom but never went to the King or Silver. Nice to be back!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.