Home > Forum > Collisions, Falls on Sunny Groomers

Collisions, Falls on Sunny Groomers

• Bandit
  • [Bandit]
More
10 Feb 2006 10:30 #174234 by Bandit
Collisions, Falls on Sunny Groomers was created by Bandit
I saw a lot of mishaps @ Crystal on Thursday. Seems as if the immaculate grooming and sunny skies equals high speed riders. I saw one elderly lady knock herself out on The Lucky Shot cat track. She hooked an edge and went face first on the hardpack. Ouch! <br><br>Slow down out there and keep under control, even if it seems safe to go at mach speed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 Feb 2006 12:17 #174236 by Larry_Trotter
Replied by Larry_Trotter on topic Re: Collisions, Falls on Sunny Groomers
Second that... As I was leaving Crystal, Thursday, the ambulance was on the way up. <br><br>As I was picking myself up from a spill on Sunnyside, a gal fell right next to me and her guy ran over her lower leg. I was afraid he broke her achilles tendon, but it was just an ouch. <br><br>It is amazing more folks didn't get hurt. It was incredibly icy. The guys on the super carvers were having a good time. Me on my powder skis... I need to take up multi pairs of skis.

• oftpiste
  • [oftpiste]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 Feb 2006 13:40 #174238 by oftpiste
Replied by oftpiste on topic Re: Collisions, Falls on Sunny Groomers
Today at lunchtime at the top of Crystal there were 4 ski patrollers working on another patroller. I thought perhaps he slipped on the ice. They had a back board worked under him and the victim was on his back for at least the 30 minutes I was there. Anyone know any more about this?

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 Feb 2006 16:01 #174239 by Larry_Trotter
Replied by Larry_Trotter on topic Re: Collisions, Falls on Sunny Groomers

Today at lunchtime at the top of Crystal there were 4 ski patrollers working on another patroller. I thought perhaps he slipped on the ice. They had a back board worked under him and the victim was on his back for at least the 30 minutes I was there. Anyone know any more about this?

<br><br>Highly probable that they were doing a training or certification session.

• oftpiste
  • [oftpiste]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 Feb 2006 19:18 #174240 by oftpiste
Replied by oftpiste on topic Re: Collisions, Falls on Sunny Groomers
That was my first thought as well, but it was in an odd spot for that and the guys around him looked pretty serious. My hope is that it was indeed training.<br>