Crystal - 03/06 Big Sunny Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
06 Mar 2018 15:56 #231318 by ddk
Crystal - 03/06 Big Sunny Day was created by ddk
Short Report - BIG DAY....Big BlueBird sky, Big Sun, Big nice screamer groomers early, Big (NOT!) crowds, Big no lift lines, Big Bumps (makes hamster happy), Big views of the Big Bump out West, Big nice left over packed powder on all the North/West facing slopes I did today, Big nice warmish temps, Big skiing a seasons worth with Mr BINX and very nice Big socializing with Mr Quick foot...just a mighty BIG fun day - and that's the totally true marketing report.

More Words Report - Arrived typically to early for a nice causal social at the base, jumped into prime spot on CHex (even Mr BINX joined me for -1 chair ride (plus another very nice relatively new acquaintance - Brice very nice person). Out of the base cold into the nice progressively warm sun....after a few screamer fast groomers (with GV Bowl tossed in)...Headed for PB, repeat, bounce around with laps on REX and back to PB, a couple of fun BP's interspersed....ski, socialize (actually rode REX at least twice with three other folks, something that never happens for me). Some rocks popping out at the top of HC - patrol was doing some snow moving up top. Not many rocks anywhere else...didn't check out many sunny slopes, but I saw a Fireman cranking some mighty fine turns in the untracked sunny side of PB....I stayed in my happy hamster zone on the shady side with sun shinning from behind me - I really love that visual.

Other - Big Bonus day again at CB lodge...Chicken Noodle! Nice break with BINX and Quick foot. The Pay lot was finally reasonably sized and still mostly empty when I left. Drive up was nice and the drive down was even faster and nicer. Great day...should be a great day tomorrow if it's anywhere near like today...I'm ready.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
06 Mar 2018 17:18 #231320 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Re: Crystal - 03/06 Big Sunny Day
Yep! It's real nice running into ddk because his enthusiasm for skiing is infectious. Other good spots- Green Valley gondy face, Snorting Elk skiers right, and Kelly's gap.

More
06 Mar 2018 17:48 - 06 Mar 2018 18:18 #231321 by Binx
Replied by Binx on topic Re: Crystal - 03/06 Big Sunny Day
Awesome day!!! Great views and great skiing,Hung out with ddk and got to meet Quickfoot.
Skied buzzer to buzzer leaving later than usual, well, just hard to leave when its that good.
Great drive up and down. Thanks ddk !! Now ---- Steel Reserve.