Home > Forum > February 5, 2006, Willamette Pass

February 5, 2006, Willamette Pass

• stoudema
  • [stoudema]
More
06 Feb 2006 10:57 #212288 by stoudema
February 5, 2006, Willamette Pass was created by stoudema
It turned out to be a great day at the Pass. The sun was shining all day, and the backside, which apparently was closed on Saturday, was open with fresh snow. There was about a foot of fresh dry powder over top of a hard crusty snow. The steep deep runs off the peak chair (to the west) were in decent shape, although the trees immediately adjacent to RTS were pretty crusty. All in all, it was a great day to be out on the mountain, and I even got home in time to catch some of the super bowl. Here's a link to a shot of powder we found in the afternoon............. ;)<br><br>server3.pictiger.com/img/133642/sport-and-games/sds.jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2006 04:36 #212291 by JoeMack
Replied by JoeMack on topic Re: February 5, 2006, Willamette Pass
Nice picture. I was up on Saturday. The backside was open on Saturday during the storm and it was great. My son and I were getting freshies all day due to the new snow and the blowing wind.

• stoudema
  • [stoudema]
More
07 Feb 2006 06:49 #212293 by stoudema
Replied by stoudema on topic Re: February 5, 2006, Willamette Pass
It must have been the blowing wind that made it appear the backside wasn't open on Saturday, because they didn't open the back lift until about 10:15 on Sunday and there weren't any tracks back there from the day before. It's good to hear from a WP local. Let's hope we get some more good powder runs at the Pass before the great spring corn. ;)