Home > Trip Reports > Mar 1, 2018, snoqualmie - 180301

Mar 1, 2018, snoqualmie - 180301

3/1/18
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by cumulus on 3/1/18 11:18am
hmmmm, no posting available for March 2018, so I'll just put it here

Beautiful day roaming the snoqualmie hinterlands today. Bonafide face shots were had... where snow was sheltered. Poked up around above treeline a bit but no bueno... wind hammered with lurking slab potential. Not worth it either way, for  safety or enjoyment. Much better snow was to be had in trees and glades... where sheltered as mentioned.

Intermittent snow and sun throughout the day, and some definite warming as the day progressed. The pristine winter wonderland that we entered in the morning was a bombed out (trees!) landscape when we left. May add a bit of chunkiness to the mix in the coming days... 
On the plus side that warming may have added some needed moisture to the snowpack in hopes of consolidating that now well buried pwl (persistent weak layer)... all relative to altitude and freezing levels of course.

May add some pics later...

Yup, it was good on the trees early today, read 7:45 1st drop-in.  It felt wind affected just above treeline as you mentioned so we stayed below for our 2 laps before work.

haggis: banana DPS's, splitboard & beard?

____

wasn't so thrilled with my photo results, still getting used to a new camera that sometimes leaves me with impressionistic(read: f'ed up) shots  -

blur

some turned out OK -

Robbers Run

some fun free ride features -

(R. Bolton photo)

ran into one small pocket that released on a steeper run -

(web geekery: also figured out how to override TAY CSS style sheets in order to post any image taller than 800px, which is what TAY limits image height to... see above image)

also: thanks Micah for moving this post to March 2018 (originally posted in Feb.)

edits due to Google Photo issues... their image extension url system is pretty frail...

Reply to this TR

mar-1-2018-snoqualmie-180301
cumulus
2018-03-01 19:18:11