Home > Forum > Crystal - 02/28 Nice Last Day of February

Crystal - 02/28 Nice Last Day of February

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
28 Feb 2018 16:16 #231242 by ddk
Short Report - Filtered sun early, light snow falling by 9:30, nice quality noticeable snow falling by 10:30 and still refilling nicely when I left. Light crowd, snow quality very nice on North facing or shady slopes, LS and MIFB groomers early were primo, no lift lines, felt cold and was windy on top...all in all a very nice day on the slopes.

Wordy Report - Arrived wacky early after getting past some obnoxious Elk around the ranch area (licking salt off the road and didn't want to quit and let me by). Mellow morning in the lodge before the lifts started spinning....Did a couple of screamer fast ultra nice groomers early and then started poking around - OuterFerks was very fun, PB was nice snow but bad vis by the time Chair 6 opened (would have been in early morning sun breaks if it was opened early), BP's was worth repeats and got even better in the afternoon with all the snow falling today. Jumped out of the Hamster Treadmill and finally went out North for the first time this season - huh? Really? Glad to get that over with this season. Couple of trips, one in Northway Bowl and one in Bruces - both very nice with lots of nice deep untracked and then some of the best groomers I've been on since the last time I did Queens - the run outs in Northway to the lift are groomed wall to wall and as smooth as a babies (you know what). Had lots of quiet contemplation time on the Northway lift...so two laps was enough...Left North via EH and it was 2k of very nice turns skiers right side...and then the hell of my life...I-5 - okay, but whine whine whine I am a wimp, I really don't like I-5...oh well EH was very nice....so after that back to the Hamster Treadmill...PB/BP's and multiple OuterFerks and more BP's and finally finished with a lazy easy run through Green Valley to Kellys Gap and Lower E (lower E was actually way better than I was expecting)....So a very nice day on the slopes.

Other - Soup at CB lodge (late lunch today) was The Triple C...so I had a slice of pizza. Pay lot was wacky big and typically not close to full, 5 buses, cars in B and cars clustered around the shuttle stop in C. Drive up was fast and furious (except for those Elk), drive down was even better even through the work zone (haven't had any problems so far in that zone). If the forecasts hold true tomorrow will be a big busy day. The last two weeks have been very very nice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kneel Turner
  • [Kneel Turner]
More
28 Feb 2018 16:43 #231243 by Kneel Turner
Replied by Kneel Turner on topic Re: Crystal - 02/28 Nice Last Day of February

PB was nice snow but bad vis by the time Chair 6 opened (would have been in early morning sun breaks if it was opened early),

I was perusing crystal's website this morning and noticed a few things regarding remainder of the season:
-When open, chair 6 and Northway scheduled Ops are from 10-3.
-Northway closed Monday and Tuesday (will it run much Wednesday-Friday?)
-Winter season scheduled to end 4/22/18

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
28 Feb 2018 17:07 #231244 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Re: Crystal - 02/28 Nice Last Day of February

-Winter season scheduled to end 4/22/18

Where did you find that? I was looking all over. It says our passes expire april 16 and the bikini downhill, usually the last weekend, is 4/14.

Trying to plan my bailout point to the summer playground.

• Kneel Turner
  • [Kneel Turner]
More
28 Feb 2018 17:21 - 28 Feb 2018 17:34 #231245 by Kneel Turner
Replied by Kneel Turner on topic Re: Crystal - 02/28 Nice Last Day of February
No official announcement, but 17/18 schedule shows "extended Ops" to 4/21, and closing day designated 4/22. I believe these dates were "TBD" until recently.
There will probably be an announcement soon now that it's been discussed here.🙂
.. We'll see.

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
28 Feb 2018 18:08 #231247 by ddk
Dont normally get into the weeds....but since Friday is the new Saturday and some time in the last month it was noted by somebody that Friday tixs are more expensive than Thursday tixs....I went looking...ticket prices is the first clue and than from that page is a link to the winter schedule highlighting cheap days and premium days....and thats where you find the schedule real or not? Kinda think the current sched is shorter than one I noticed recently...but it does look locked in....Means more bonus days at Blackcomb! Yee Haa...