Crystal Feb-21

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
21 Feb 2018 17:21 #231176 by CMSkier
Crystal Feb-21 was created by CMSkier
After 2 weeks of battling crappy snow and then a nasty cold, it was an awesome day for the return party. Luckily, 4-6 inches of new overnight made skiing over the crunch and ice silky smooth. Lots of layers fended off the cold, and lackluster participation meant you only needed to look 20 feet left or right to get smooth new snow versus your last run's skidded-off crunch and ice. Mostly a Frontside day, Powder Bowl/Bear Pits to Exterminator. The Doors were the worst run with a dozen mid-aspect turns that were too steep to hold the new over ice. Most disappointing was the one test groomer down Iceberg instead of skiing more off-piste. Ended every run with surprise and smiles about how good it was. Sorry it's a lot more skied off now. First tracks over ice into Powder Bowl's Main Chute turned into the fastest, straightest, scariest runs of my PB career. Had to spread the adrenaline over the next 4-5 runs.

Beware Road Construction

Ken
+

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
21 Feb 2018 21:24 #231179 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: Crystal Feb-21
iceberg / deerfly was grate ,really it was, I skied it 3X in a row, but by 9:30 that was done. Some of the early corduroy was so awesome that I felt like a potato chip swiftly moving through dip, every ridge a new delight. i didn't actually ski any runs after 10 am inside the resort.But I loved that first hourish....skied through south around 5....that was good....gonna start there tomorrow after what I'm sure is going to another great hour of am groomers.....

• telemack
  • [telemack]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
22 Feb 2018 00:04 #231180 by telemack
Replied by telemack on topic Re: Crystal Feb-21
Very very good day. Northway bowls were unoccupied and the King had new snow filled in with sluffs. The crust of the last several days was firm but forggiving, and the new made everything skiable. I overbundled for the cold and took off a layer at lunch. The light wind made for cool but comfy temps.
Other: I waited in what I thought was the pizza line at CB, drooling over three fresh pies, but noone served me so I settled for yogurt and Cheez-Its. Where is that pizza line?
Parkings looked busy. The RV section had more than I've seen in weeks, due to the vacation week. There was consistent light snow on the ride home, all the way to Bremerton. This was the last week of our Wednesday ski bus and others for the season, so we oldsters won't be jumping the queue via chartered transport until next January!