Home > Forum > Stevens- Sun night

Stevens- Sun night

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
19 Feb 2018 10:08 #231149 by Quick foot
Stevens- Sun night was created by Quick foot
Stevens had all of their parking lots full on Saturday and Sunday.  Sunday's crowd filled up all parking spaces before 930.  I just can't deal with that, so the answer is night skiing.  I just needed to see what the hill was like and get a few runs in after all the new snow.  I got there about 5:15 and parked in a great spot right up front.  The line was still pretty big on Hogs, however Skyline wasn't bad.  My favorite off piste line on Sky skied just great.  Nice soft packed powder bumps with fast traverses in between.  Repeat repeat repeat.   Did one run on Hogs, with the line diminishing, hit Tye, both were nice.  Tye had no line at all.  Then headed for Chief [Kehrs].  The bumps skiers left of the groomed halfway down [the face to back under the chair] had enough residual light on this clear night, that I could see to ski.  This was the run of the night.  Multiple repeats.  They did close Chief for a while for a torchlight parade, which caused me to take a short break.  When I came back out, it was about 7:30 and all the lines were gone.  I ended up skiing late as it was so good.  I didn't get home till after 11:00.  This was about as good as night skiing gets. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.