February 4, 2006, Loup Loup

• Lowell_Skoog
  • [Lowell_Skoog]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
05 Feb 2006 15:23 - 06 Oct 2006 09:09 #212282 by Lowell_Skoog
February 4, 2006, Loup Loup was created by Lowell_Skoog

We spent a family ski weekend in the Methow Valley, XC skiing at Mazama two days and riding the lifts at Loup Loup on Saturday.  I think it was windy at The Loup Friday night, but Saturday was remarkably calm.  A bit foggy.

The new snow was heavy and wind blown and we stuck to the groomed.  My son's favorite run was the ancient poma (shown at right above), which is as much fun going up as coming down.  The lodge (at left) still doesn't have plumbed toilets, but it's a cozy place.  The Loup was running a special today - $12 tickets in honor of the Seahawks twelfth man.

Loup Loup gets my vote as the best little family ski area in Washington.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• greendragon
  • [greendragon]
More
10 Feb 2006 02:31 - 10 Feb 2006 02:37 #212309 by greendragon
Replied by greendragon on topic Re: February 4, 2006, Loup Loup
Nice to see the Loup pop up in a thread.  I grew up in Pateros and the Loup was our hill every Wednesday and Sunday.  In fact, we were some of the first snowboarders up there in '89, and trying to learn how to ride the old poma to the top was truly just as challanging as linking those first turns together.  I've only been back once since they put the quad in but have had friends who went up this season and had a ball.  The Loup gets respect for keeping it real!  BTW, they are fundraising this season to get indoor toilets for the future and at some point down the line a new lodge.  Check it out:  www.skitheloup.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.