Home > Forum > February 8, 2018 Heavenly-The Story

February 8, 2018 Heavenly-The Story

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
08 Feb 2018 20:35 #231040 by Zap
Why are we heading south after Timberline? I have been following the snow reports and forecast for Lake Tahoe for the last month. Yes, the snow pack is "small", and it's not getting better for a least 2 weeks. So if it does not get more snow this could be "spring", and we want to enjoy it before it diminishes even more. We have a Epic Local Pass so we need ski some of our favorite areas.

Heavenly is one of our favorites. Hillary and Dale flew in Tuesday, and we'll ski with them for a couple of days. I took one of my trail maps and marked all the lifts and groomed trails. We started the day on the Heavenly Village gondola. We skied off the express lifts; Tamarack, Dipper, Comet, Olympic, Stagecoach, Canyon, and Sky.  Yes, it was a BIG DAY of  corn and man-made snow. I spoke to a couple of employees who have been here for years and they agreed - the masses are not here. Miracle March is still a hope, but this could be spring. The snow-making and grooming teams are fantastic. Ski the groomers and no rocks, but go off the groomers and it is a "rock" field.  A fun day in the sun and a good time had by all! Tomorrow we go to a different resort. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
08 Feb 2018 22:26 #231038 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Re: February 8, 2018 Heavenly-The Story
Well that sounds about like what I expected...I will be there due to a prepaid trip, starting on Sunday. I'm looking forward to a predicted inch or two on Monday! That will be my powder skiing. Let me know if we should drive for a day at Kirkwood.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.