Home > Trip Reports > Jan 27, 2018, Whistler

Jan 27, 2018, Whistler

1/27/18
Canada BC
Posted by Kiddch on 1/27/18 11:07am
Another day of the weather over delivering on the forecast.  What was supposed to be a few inches turned into 8 (reported) overnight, with more up high.  Avy ratings were high above tree line and considerable elsewhere so we kept it below tree line and mostly in the trees.  There was a lot of avy activity on the Blackcomb side during morning control work, so we couldn't get over there.  Back out to Oboe, then we dropped into The Apostles toward Cowboy Ridge.  That was fine by me!  Knee to thigh deep powder, and light.  So much work, but so much fun.  We skied out the Singing Pass Trail when we finished our laps through the trees.
Nice reports, it's interesting to read about that area where most spots have such cool names. Thansks.

Yeah, great area.  From Piccolo Peak (inbounds), to Flute Peak (on the Whistler boundary), to Oboe......the Musical Bumps!

I wish it were easier to post pics here!  Can't do it from my phone, size limits, ugghhhh!

Hope it's not a no-no, but here's the link to my trip report for the weekend over on the NYSkiBlog.  Lots of photos.

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Whistler-Blackcomb-January-26-28-2018-td4118877.html

Reply to this TR

jan-27-2018-whistler
Kiddch
2018-01-27 19:07:28