Home > Trip Reports > Jan 23, 2018, Snoqualmie Pass VERY EARLY

Jan 23, 2018, Snoqualmie Pass VERY EARLY

1/23/18
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by haggis on 1/23/18 3:08am
Note, this trip was completed before it started snowing.  Now its nuking up there the avalanche rating is HIGH with a warning.

We found great snow on the phantom, didn't go past treeline.  Super fun descent although mass importanto to cross the creek way higher than usual as its not filled in yet.  Maybe after this big dump the holes will finally vanish but we would have had a big schwack to cross it or would have had to retrace our steps back higher.  At car by 8:20, work by 9:30 after the mandatory breakfast burrito stop at Red mountain.
Motivated!
Got some turns in for a bit in the start of the storm. Popped a small windslab near treeline on a small N facing convexity. Storming quite hard up there right now. A good day at the resort I'd think.

Yup.  I saw the forecast and the telemetry backed up light winds and a I figured a rating similar to yesterday and knew we had a short window to achieve this, probably before 9 to be sure.  Wish I could have stayed up at Alpental afterwards and rode the lifts all day, that would have been super fun too.

Reply to this TR

jan-23-2018-snoqualmie-pass-very-early
haggis
2018-01-23 11:08:45