Jn 22, 2018 - Summit Central

• pipedream
  • [pipedream]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
22 Jan 2018 14:01 #230864 by pipedream
Jn 22, 2018 - Summit Central was created by pipedream
A 5am check of the telemetry yielded disappointment as it seemed to have only snowed 2-3" Sunday evening before tapering off overnight. But the radar looked promising so I set an alarm for 6:30 and vowed to at the very least get out of bed and check on things. That alarm was snoozed until well past 7 but dang if it hadn't snowed another 2-3" since, bringing the overnight total to somewhere between 5-6". Since I was already up I decided I should at the very least make some laps on Silver Fir before heading to work so I hustled over and was surprised to discover a quickly filling lot at 8:30.

The 5-6" of new at the bottom ended-up being closer to 8" at the top and while visibility was initially poor due to a heavy snow shower, the sun did poke through around 10. That convinced me to head over to Central proper to check things out where I was disappointed to discover a dormant Triple 60. Oh well, there were still plenty of good lines to be had and we even walked across the top and got first tracks down Triple 60 Face. I imagine by the time they got it spinning this afternoon, it was already pretty beat down as others took note and followed our footsteps for their own mid-morning bliss.

No lines, no lessons and an easy drive down are making a sunny afternoon in a windowless basement office tolerable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.