Home > Forum > Stevens Thur 1-18, 19

Stevens Thur 1-18, 19

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
18 Jan 2018 17:54 - 19 Jan 2018 17:31 #230799 by Quick foot
Stevens Thur 1-18, 19 was created by Quick foot
It was a bonus day at Stevens also.  6 inches of new at the base 8 inches on top.  The snow on top was pretty darn good, then there was a mid region that had a bit of rain  crust on top, then lower down  it got okay again. Off piste skiing was the best it's been in a long while.  You could bottom out on the firm ice layer, and some of the mogul troughs we're icy, but that didn't deter the fun factor much.  The sun actually came out for a while and at other times there was filtered sunshine, so the visibility was good.  It did start snowing about 1 o'clock or so.  The coverage was the best I've seen at Stevens this year. No rocks and very few sticks.  The backside trees we're thick, one and done.  Overall a really fun day.   visibility = 1  snow = .75  crowd = 1
2.75 out of 3  [CMskier prorated]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Donnelly_M
  • [Donnelly_M]
More
18 Jan 2018 21:41 #230785 by Donnelly_M
Replied by Donnelly_M on topic Re: Stevens Thur 1-18
Rather than start a new thread, I figure I'd show just how good the conditions were on 7th Heaven even after they had been opened for more than a couple of hours!

Skiing starts at 2:00 into the video.

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
19 Jan 2018 17:22 #230820 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Re: Stevens Thur 1-18
Nice skiing Donn

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
19 Jan 2018 17:30 #230821 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Re: Stevens Thur 1-18, 19
Today was very much like yesterday except that Skyline chair had a big race course on it which took up about half of the runs. It was a bit more crowded, but then again it was Friday. Only a couple inches of new. Skiing was fun. Seventh was the only place that had challenging visibility, but hey, we skied a treeline. Tye Bowl still needs more snow. The Tye lift line was pretty good. Big Chief Bowl was nice.

• Donnelly_M
  • [Donnelly_M]
More
19 Jan 2018 20:01 #230828 by Donnelly_M
Replied by Donnelly_M on topic Re: Stevens Thur 1-18, 19
I was curious about what the race course was set up for. When asking, I was told that today was supposed to be the training runs for super G and that the actual race was on Saturday. Unfortunately, the race was for juniors and not adults. That would have been a perfect beginner like course to get some practice running gates at speed.