Crystal - 01/18 Bonus Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Jan 2018 15:35 #230797 by ddk
Crystal - 01/18 Bonus Day was created by ddk
Short Report - Total Marketing Bonus day! Ouch Fun! Sun, boot top new nice quality pow, no
crowds, no rush to get the untracked new, no lift lines, no rocks noticed....awesome day.

Big Wordy Report - Had a hard time getting out of bed and heading up...expected boiler plate
groomers, cloudy, possibly damp conditions...the difference between 5am telemetry and when
I drove into the A lot around 7:45 was pretty amazing.  5" light snow in the A lot, glimmers of
clearing skies (was full on sun at 8:45)...not many folks around...what could be better...Only
negative was that other than CHex and the Bucket all the other lifts were either not running do
to icing problems or like FQex - doing the stop and go routine....So I got more T2B Bucket
rides today than normal (a few more than 1), lucky part was no Bucket line since not many folks
showed up today.  So after a nice first chair ride on CHex, I snagged the first chair ride on REX
at 11am - Huh?  Prior to that had a few nice runs in the Valley (it fired up around 10:30) and a
couple of sunny untracked very nice runs on SunnySide (total surprise).  Noticed folks in Powder
Bowl at 11:15...so that was next up, fairly nice in CB Basin and the left overs skier right side
of PB was very deep and soft...?  Totally unexpected deep new nice powder (RockCoombas
probably sad sitting in the garage, but the  BMW's were very happy today).  Bumped into BINX
and crowd at CB lodge - had a nice social and got a few runs in together.  One problem was BINX
said today was gonna be just like Tuesday was....well it was sunny and nobody showed up to
slide on the snow, but the snow quality was way big better!

Other - CB lodge had Chicken Noodle again (Thanks Chubs)...lordy lordy.  Got my Macadamia
White Chocolate Nut cookie at the base this morning - what more could you ask for.   Not full
Pay lot, 4 buses, rest of A probably full and that was about it.  Nice quiet drive up and down...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• telemack
  • [telemack]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
18 Jan 2018 18:50 #230804 by telemack
Replied by telemack on topic Re: Crystal - 01/18 Bonus Day
Thanks for the bonus TR and good news on the coverage. Looks like a good set of storms coming. We are going tomorrow :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.