Crystal - 01/16 SUN?

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
16 Jan 2018 15:39 - 16 Jan 2018 15:42 #230770 by ddk
Crystal - 01/16 SUN? was created by ddk
Short Report - More sun than expected, less crowds than expected, better grooming than expected,
more nice dusting of new than expected - and it was snowing hard at times early, more fun socializing
with Mr BINX than expected mid day on, more bigger fun finally bringing the BMW's out for their
first day in maybe a year (RockCoombas were sad when  I left them in the garage this morning)...but the BMW's were extatic!..(I know the spelling is bad)....Lots of groomers, lots of very nice groomers (MIFB being the best early and
the nicest softest mushiest late)....Dang,  a mighty nice fine unexpected better than expected dry, sunny, fun screaming carving day on the sports car skis!

More Words Report - ? What more can I add, no lift lines, no crowds anywhere, nice sun breaks with
nice clouds blowing through the gaps and on top of REX.  Did a T2B with Mr BINX and his friends
after a nice social at a very quiet CB lodge.  Main high traffic areas (LS) got scrapped to ice and brown
dirt...MIFB had lots of brown and some rocks but was primo early and very happy carveable mush
on my last few runs....Other places I like were not so primo...GV Bowl was firm and challenging, didn't do a lot of areas I like...just cause...

Other - Soup at CB was Chicken Noodle - YEE HAA good...thankyou Mr Chubs...

Other Other - Putty Truck report - pay lot was normal sized and probably normal sized full,....and
that was pretty much the parking situation...no cars below the A lot. Nice quiet drive up and even quieter drive down.....Great bonus unexpected nice day - if you can spend the day skiing groomers and the BMW's really skied and reminded me what hard carving all mountain screamer skis are like...
PS I still luv my RockCoombas!

Other other other - on the QF scale ( I think only three fuzzy numbers might not be enough...especially on a few recent posts)....But it was definitely a 1 for crowds and pretty much a 1 for the vis oh meter...the dicey part is the snow quality....pretty much a 2 (or less) off piste, groomers I did early were probably a 8+ early and a 6+  later if you skied in the right groomer area....and that's based on upper
mountain...FQex conditions needs somebody else to say...so whats the number?...2.2 to2.6ish...depending on what you really like...for me off piste was a -1....but it was still a great day
in the mountains sliding on snow getting carried up on (mostly) nice running lifts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2018 17:18 #230772 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic Re: Crystal - 01/16 SUN?
Wow, what a difference a day makes.. yesterday was a "Shit hole" type of day. I'll wait till the BIG DUMP. Come on Ullr, stop giving us FAKE NEWS. just tell the truth and make it snow!!!

More
16 Jan 2018 19:26 #230774 by Binx
Replied by Binx on topic Re: Crystal - 01/16 SUN?
We had low expectations on the drive up with lots of rain even up the blvd, after rounding the corner into
Crystal, what we thought was a sunny sucker hole ended up being what we had. Lots of sun.
DDK describes the conditions to the T. Great day with no one there!! We even got to have coffee in
the Campbell basin lodge with DDK while he had his Chicken noodle soup, we felt honored by his presence. ;D