Whistler Blizzard 1/16/18

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
16 Jan 2018 13:12 #230769 by avajane
Whistler Blizzard 1/16/18 was created by avajane
The blizzard has come early...7" new this morning at Pig Alley...and observed up to 2' in blown in spots of alpine bowls. Alpine starting to shut down. There is a hard crust lurking that is still very intimidating for the knees. Natural slide will probably be starting soon. Possibility of epic conditions over next few days, and possibility Alpine will be closed. Hope is that it snows enough to make mid Mountain trees good, but that could be still sketchy in isolated creek areas and features....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
16 Jan 2018 15:52 #230771 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Re: Whistler Blizzard 1/16/18
High Mountain trees great. Mid Mountain Good. It's a great time to be here if you know your way around.

More
17 Jan 2018 08:36 #230781 by Kiddch
Replied by Kiddch on topic Re: Whistler Blizzard 1/16/18
Lots of snow in the forecast over the next 10 days, how does that make you feel about coverage prospects across the mountain? Given current forecasts it's hard to not pull the trigger on Whistler, no matter how much I might be interested in exploring the Powder Highway for a few days. I'll probably wait until next early week to book though....

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
17 Jan 2018 16:32 #230786 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Re: Whistler Blizzard 1/16/18

Lots of snow in the forecast over the next 10 days, how does that make you feel about coverage prospects across the mountain?  Given current forecasts it's hard to not pull the trigger on Whistler, no matter how much I might be interested in exploring the Powder Highway for a few days.  I'll probably wait until next early week to book though....

I always have a pass a Whistler so haven't done the powder Highway but I will someday. Whistler's snow forecast underperformed today but there is still more than enough. Today the snow was heavy, unless in the trees, but you still are going hard top to bottom and that's what I love about a Big Mountain. When you have a chance to ski the largest resort, and you know that there is good snow top to bottom, and the forecast is
for more fresh snow- whistler would be hard to pass up.