Home > Forum > Whistler/Blackcomb 1/14/18 Spring Skiing Perfectio

Whistler/Blackcomb 1/14/18 Spring Skiing Perfectio

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 Jan 2018 18:25 #230744 by avajane
Unreal day. No line at Creekside at 8:30 and Harmony opens by the time we got up. Harmony Ridge had been sitting in the warm sun, and had corned up into perfection. I mean, my son looked at me after the first run, and was wondering if it was his new skis, or if the snow could really be so perfect. We skied it twice with no line and then jetted over to Blackcomb to meet a group of friends. 7th Heaven was basking in the sun as well but it was hard as a rock with a 25 min line so we did the high traverse over to Ridge Runner and enjoyed great turns the whole way. The rest of the day was more of the same. We just kept flying down high speed groomers pretending we
were Ted Ligety. No lines on Wizard, Solar Coaster....

Finished the day sacrilegiously, with a beer at the New Umbrella Bar at the Roundhouse...Sorry Seppos.

Alpine high was in the 40's and sunny all day!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2018 20:07 #230746 by Kiddch
Keep the reports coming! (....as if you weren't going to 😜)

Pending a better storm chase elsewhere I'm headed Canada way for the 26th through 28th, and it's either three days around Whistler-Blackcomb or two days at Kicking Horse followed by a day at Sunshine (and hopefully Delirium Dive) on the way back to Calgary. I'm very open to persuasion/suggestion!

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 Jan 2018 21:07 #230748 by avajane

Keep the reports coming! (....as if you weren't going to 😜)

Pending a better storm chase elsewhere I'm headed Canada way for the 26th through 28th, and it's either three days around Whistler-Blackcomb or two days at Kicking Horse followed by a day at Sunshine (and hopefully Delirium Dive) on the way back to Calgary.  I'm very open to persuasion/suggestion!

If you make it to Whistler you're nominated
To do the reports as I'll be in the French Alps then!

More
14 Jan 2018 21:24 #230749 by Kiddch
If I do I'll take up the mantle for the weekend. I won't be able to hold a candle to you....but if you help me out with good things to report on I can try!

Alps....jealous! My daughter is studying in Europe next semester and we will visit her in March, but I don't think I can sell the wife on skiing during the visit!

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 Jan 2018 10:55 - 15 Jan 2018 10:59 #230755 by avajane

If I do I'll take up the mantle for the weekend.  I won't be able to hold a candle to you....but if you help me out with good things to report on I can try!

Alps....jealous!  My daughter is studying in Europe next semester and we will visit her in March, but I don't think I can sell the wife on skiing during the visit!
[\quote]

Oops
Haven't you read the rules? "A TAY member cannot go to Europe during the ski season withoutj skiing." My wife knows that! It goes for climbing too😳😳😳!