Home > Forum > Cascade Freeride - Storm skiing 1-11/12-18 (vid)

Cascade Freeride - Storm skiing 1-11/12-18 (vid)

• Griff
  • [Griff]
More
12 Jan 2018 22:13 #230727 by Griff
Great week of storm skiing, enjoy:

January 11th - Fever

vimeo.com/250569570

January 12th - Coming in from the Cold

vimeo.com/250927164

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2018 19:15 #230735 by filbo
Just a quick comment on how to improve your videos. Park yourself at a nice safe spot and film the skier coming down and moving on. Videos of ski tips going through snow call for something more and judging from the quality of what you are doing they could become really great.

• Griff
  • [Griff]
More
14 Jan 2018 19:53 #230745 by Griff

Just a quick comment on how to improve your videos.   Park yourself at a nice safe spot and film the skier coming down and moving on.   Videos of ski tips going through snow call for something more and judging from the quality of what you are doing they could become really great.

Thanks brother. That is actually an interesting point.

I agree, I could capture good footage that way. But one "tenet" of my video making is to make vids of skiing, not skiing vids. Meaning, we are just skiing. No setting up shots, doing it over and over until it looks like Warren Miller (who I love of course).

Nope, we just ski and put a GoPro on, and what happens, happens.

Now that said, I did just get a Mavic Pro drone, and there is no doubt that stopping and filming will happen with that. Hope to bring some great new angles.

So, maybe one day with a big budget and retired, those shots will come. Until then I am ripping the mountain and getting first tracks before the next guy/gal. LOL :-)