Whistler 12/18

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 Jan 2018 18:21 #230722 by avajane
Whistler 12/18 was created by avajane
It's days like this that I'm glad to be skiing at Whistler. Started late as still in ankle rehab. Cold 21 degrees At bottom and near freezing at Roundhouse. Wet snow coming down. Looked like bad visability up top and we saw rain on the camera up high so we just skied back down to the valley. It might have been snowing higher, but with the bad vis and at least wet snow we didn't care. Good skiing to the valley on fast edgeable snow with a little bit of new on top. Went up Blackcomb and skied Crystal Chair till a late lunch. Went back to Village partially in trees and then on Zig Zag. Back at the Roundhouse it was snowing hard. After our beer at Seppos we enjoyed a quiet, ice free, run down upper and lower Franz's. Really just a small amount of new, but it made real difference. Nice day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 Jan 2018 22:10 #230726 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Re: Whistler 12/18
Ok - I probably shouldn't be replying to my own post, but I just saw them grooming Creek to Creek from the hot tub. The last thing I am is a groomer
Skier, but when off piste conditions are "off" it's the way to go. Best long groomer in North America. Only groomed every so often - when conditions are right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.