Home > Forum > Crystal 1/9

Crystal 1/9

• Bill
  • [big bill]
More
09 Jan 2018 16:22 #230682 by Bill
Crystal 1/9 was created by Bill
headed to the hills today, not much deep ( dust on crust, 3-6 ", on breakable crust on top of a hard crust, with a few inches of wind crust with a thin layer of old crust supporting the older rain crust) sounds like fun, no such thing as bad snow, only bad skiers, I'll give it a go just for turns and mountain air, "the mountains are calling, and I must go" and what I found was French Toast Crust in GV, just enough fluff to make the skis quite and I enjoyed a few runs in the gut of the valley, staying off the sides, I just didn't feel like Crystal is filled in, yet... Feb and March will be here soon and the deep skiing will once again return. The off groom felt like playing kick Ball in a Cambodian minefield, just not safe for this old guy......It snowed all the while I was up and the FQ side skied well too. I pull into the FQ Lodge to see what I could see and it was full of the famous skiers of Crystal, Mr. Old School with his Moriarty hat is a classic and man can he ski. I had one IPA and slice of pizza( I grew up in NY, so I will not comment on the pizza). Crystal will be better in the next few days, but I can't wait until we get a DUMP! good to be in the Hills... Snow Dances is a must. On a score of 1-to- 10.. I score today at 150. because I was in the mountains and not home doing chores.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2018 22:08 #230684 by ~Link~
Replied by ~Link~ on topic Re: Crystal 1/9
Sleeper of a day, felt like a throwback empty mid-week day.. HC skiied rather well due to high density snow that skiied deeper than totals would indicate. FQ for the win, too thin to explore elsewhere. Wet one, got cold late, refreeze likely, will need lots of new to refresh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.