January 31, 2006, Park City, Utah

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
31 Jan 2006 14:33 #212254 by Larry_Trotter
January 31, 2006, Park City, Utah was created by Larry_Trotter
Flew in Saturday, skied Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.<br>Snow is great. It was cloudy Saturday, sun breaks Sunday, and partly sunny and blue skies today. Mostly doing recreational groomer skiing. Hope to break away into a little powder soon. Local weather guy talked about the wet heavy snow that fell, I thought it was just normal snow... hmmm. Possible storms forecasted, so not sure what the next couple of days will bring.<br><br>I spent a week here at Park City during last year's drought... saved my life. Anyway, Park City is just a fun place to ski. <br><br>Need a 3-D trail map. Need to figure out how to get here for a few days next year real cheap.<br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
03 Feb 2006 04:20 #212270 by Larry_Trotter
Replied by Larry_Trotter on topic Re: January 31, 2006, Park City, Utah
Friday: Weather should be better today... hitting the slopes soon. Believe it or not, the old pineapple express has been hitting Utah. <br>So, it has been overcast and snowing. Good news is lots of deep stuff.<br><br>A couple of vids on sunny groomers from Tuesday:<br>www.lawrencetrotter.com/MiscPIcs/ParkCitya.wmv

www.lawrencetrotter.com/MiscPIcs/Parkcityb.wmv

Here is a fair weather photo from last Tuesday:

• bcpinhead
  • [bcpinhead]
More
03 Feb 2006 10:57 #212273 by bcpinhead
Replied by bcpinhead on topic Re: January 31, 2006, Park City, Utah
Ahhh, the old stomping grounds =)<br>I was a snowmaker at PC for 8 years. I am more of a fan of Alta, but PC is definitely great.<br><br>BTW...any snow that is more than 6% density is considdered to be "heavy". I definately miss that stuff.<br><br>BC

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
03 Feb 2006 12:44 - 03 Feb 2006 12:46 #212277 by Larry_Trotter
Replied by Larry_Trotter on topic Re: January 31, 2006, Park City, Utah
It was actually dumping snow this week.  So there are powder pockets all over.  Got sunshine today.<br><br>The Bonanza lift broke today, with lots of people on it.  This is the main lift to the upper mountain.  <br>Folks.. old folks... were talking about how they had to be lowered by rope from the chairs and then wade through deep pow to get out.  I wish I had my camera there for that.  <br><br>I tried to take the Ski Team lift to the top but something happened and I decided to jump off the chair from about ten feet up into a powder bank.  I was up to my chest in powder and had a hell of a time getting out.  Decided that karma was against me and gave it up.  Heading back to the NW Saturday AM.

More
04 Feb 2006 04:57 #212278 by Bandit
Replied by Bandit on topic Re: January 31, 2006, Park City, Utah

Ahhh, the old stomping grounds =)<br>I was a snowmaker at PC for 8 years. I am more of a fan of Alta, but PC is definitely great.<br><br>BTW...any snow that is more than 6% density is considdered to be "heavy". I definately miss that stuff.<br><br>BC

<br><br>Utah's worst snow conditions could be considered Washington's best. Can't beat that dry snow. Makes skiing effortless. Skiied Alta and Solitude a few years ago. It has been my only trip to Utah. Will definately have to go back. The powder is fantastic. <br>