Home > Trip Reports > 12/29 Blewett Area

12/29 Blewett Area

12/29/17
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by avajane on 12/29/17 12:49pm
I've been waiting for the perfect combination of base and powder and thought I had it. At 6:00pm the snow was fresh and dry and I was excited for the morning. I'm snowed about 8" in Valley Hi so I was really psyched! But..... The dreaded freezing rain had showed up in the dark and put  1/4-1/2" layer of ice in the middle of 6" of new. Beauty of a day with good visibility, good cold temps and fresh, unskiable snow everywhere. With some amount of fresh on top it will become supportive, and someone could get lucky in the next couple of days....watch the steeps though! That's a hell of a sliding layer!
Nice report of the recent storm. Plus "unskiable snow everywhere". I remember those days. ;)

“Unskiable snow everywhere”...Yeah that's quite the line.😜 In reality, that unskiable snow with the nasty trap crust could have maybe need skied by a younger version, without a high ankle sprain. I just traversed off and limped down the road...I'd like to come back next week if someone would get up there and see if with last nights new snow - it's “skiable”

Reply to this TR

12-29-blewett-area
avajane
2017-12-29 20:49:58