Home > Forum > crystal dec 29 th

crystal dec 29 th

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
29 Dec 2017 17:14 #230529 by eskinmo
crystal dec 29 th was created by eskinmo
the ski report was a total fraud ....somebody should say somthing...being polite is nice and everything ...but this was clearly misleading ...too be polite

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
29 Dec 2017 17:15 #230530 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: crystal dec 29 th
K i cant spell but stil

More
29 Dec 2017 17:28 #230531 by Binx
Replied by Binx on topic Re: crystal dec 29 th
James, you don't need to spell when your skiing all the time, DDK (putty) doesn't use spell
check either!! :) Give us a report. It sounds like I picked a good day to work?

More
29 Dec 2017 17:42 #230533 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: crystal dec 29 th

James, you don't need to spell when your skiing all the time, DDK (putty) doesn't use spell
check either!! :) Give us a report. It sounds like I picked a good day to work?

OUCH!

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
29 Dec 2017 18:19 #230534 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Re: crystal dec 29 th
'skinmo, you aren't just now figuring the Marketing Report is at best, misleading, are you? Hope you didn't go today based on this morning's 16" New smiley face update.

I was surprised by some friends and neighbors that I tried to let down gently when they asked if I was going up for saturday's big powder fest. Oh, my.

Spell check won't catch all of DDK's and 'Skinmo's grammatical errors. I found a list of aids two teach kids too learn when too use too, to, and two. Teach your kids

But, I've learned to read between the lines and understand their ski-adrenaline-induced odd wordings.

Kkz

More
29 Dec 2017 19:32 #230535 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: crystal dec 29 th

'skinmo, you aren't just now figuring the Marketing Report is at best, misleading, are you? Hope you didn't go today based on this morning's 16" New smiley face update.

I was surprised by some friends and neighbors that I tried to let down gently when they asked if I was going up for saturday's big powder fest. Oh, my.

Spell check won't catch all of DDK's and 'Skinmo's grammatical errors. I found a list of aids two teach kids too learn when too use too, to, and two. Teach your kids

But, I've learned to read between the lines and understand their ski-adrenaline-induced odd wordings.

Kkz

.....yes Mr perfection....folks say we don't need to talk about anything other than the skiing conditions....I do try ...big congasts!....you made me realize how special you be....

More
29 Dec 2017 19:47 - 29 Dec 2017 19:53 #230537 by Binx
Replied by Binx on topic Re: crystal dec 29 th
It's just great to be able to ski on the same Mtn. with you guys, now can we get James (Eskinmo) to give us
a report?

• skibacks
  • [skibacks]
More
29 Dec 2017 23:12 #230542 by skibacks
Replied by skibacks on topic Re: crystal dec 29 th
Rain was the report I got - very wet. As for the 16", if you were first it was fun; seconds, etc - not so much.

One of our mates did ski 14 GV from 1:30-3:30 and said it was good. We'll be out for the matinee tomorrow

• CascadeSkier
  • [CascadeSkier]
More
31 Dec 2017 09:07 #230554 by CascadeSkier
Replied by CascadeSkier on topic Re: crystal dec 29 th
The resort's mountain report "forecast" was telling like it was, but in a marketing sort of way. When I read "30 inches could be on the ground at higher elevations by Saturday", that makes me wonder what is happening at lower elevations. When the resort links to the NOAA forecast which clearly states "rain" for Friday, and when the resort links to the NWAC forecast which clearly states the "snow level = 6000 ft" and to expect 1.5 - 2.0 inches of precipitation, that no longer makes me wonder -- but instead tells me to do laundry, reorganize and clean my shop, take the Mrs out to lunch and install some LED lighting.

More
31 Dec 2017 09:20 #230555 by Kiddch
Replied by Kiddch on topic Re: crystal dec 29 th
Of course you are 100% correct. There was plentiful information available that any skier even slightly knowledgeable about PNW winter weather should have been able to anticipate issues. That said, I always wish resorts would be more forthcoming with their reports, be it my usual hills in NY or resorts out there. If I recall correctly Crystal's conditions report on Friday touted 16" of new snow in the previous 24 hours. Was it their responsibility to inform people of the fact that the new snow included a significant rain crust a few inches below the surface? I know, no resorts really share those negatives, but I think they should.

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
31 Dec 2017 12:50 #230558 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Re: crystal dec 29 th
Stevens did the same thing but I also figured it out as I knew that it was going to rain in the evening. They bragged about the 24 hour total as well, but then at the end it said 1" new...