Home > Forum > Crystal - 12/25 Merry Christmas

Crystal - 12/25 Merry Christmas

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
25 Dec 2017 15:37 #230491 by ddk
Short Report - Merry Christmas...Snowing hard all morning, very light crowd, lifts on diesel due to electric disruption from the lowlands, bad vis mid day early afternoon - soupy fog (with a little freezer type on the goggles - got me to go home). Good grooming where it was ( if I was there also). Nice puffy bumps, good vis at times helped my way tired brain from the X-Mass Eve stuff.

Long Wordy Report - Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy all the other things I can't remember. Arrived extra early do to the lowland driving conditions...slow but traffic free. Snowing all morning, filling in the early tracks, very light crowd - so no lift lines luckily, since the main power juice line was out and the lifts were on diesel (slow lifts with not enough folks to keep me awake). Good snow quality and pretty deep in places. Got an early Chair 6 ride (I was body 15 after the rush, then no one). Did my worst run down PB this season - good snow, smooth, but I couldn't see anything other than the tips of my RockCoombas. After that brain mess up I went back to the slow REX...and got lucky hamster conditions on Breakover to SunnySide along the trees...deep still big untracked areas with lots of left over pockets of fun...and I could see! Great for 4 repeats before the Foggy Soup moved in...So late morning lunch at CB lodge and then I pretty much bailed. Coverage is getting better and better...today had at least boot top deep nice cold snow. Heard Paradise Bowl area of Northway was nice. The RockCoombas were definitely happy.

Other - Soup at CB lodge was Triple C, Base had White Bean Sausage, lodges were busy. Nice day.

Other other - The Putty Truck report....Pay lot was holiday massive and very impressively empty....Saw lots of cars in B lot and seems like C lot had cars also...but, my brain spaced. Drive up early was pleasant, drive down really was not to bad except for the folks that hadn't driven on bare pavement with snow highlights in a few years.
The Big Boss said there were about 2500 folks on the slopes today and he was expecting 6k tomorrow - ouch!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nordique
  • [nordique]
More
25 Dec 2017 17:00 #230493 by nordique
Replied by nordique on topic Re: Crystal - 12/25 Merry Christmas
Thanks for another great report--on a day when many might not have bothered to head up there. My several checks of the Crystal and Paradise cams today made it seem as if it was a very bad for vis. Thanks for going there and reporting!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.