Home > Trip Reports > Winter solstice. 2017

Winter solstice. 2017

12/22/17
Posted by alecapone on 12/24/17 12:03am
I haven't been to motivated to do trip reports lately. Just doing a quick one for someone I not so secretly admire.

My dog and I went up to Stevens for the first time in 5+ weeks, on Wednesday eve. Intended on doing some flat land skinning, but ended up climbing to the first cell tower, and skiing back down. Felt great! Went and visited shred in his camper. Ben showed up.

Dog and I went back up skyline road that night, all the way to the upper cell tower, skied down the road @10 pm. Light from the resort made the trees glow.

Slept in the lot, and got a 7 am lot attendees wake up knock.  "NO CAR CAMPING!"

Went up for a lap with Ben on Heather ridge to celebrate the solstice. Assembled my snowboard this time, and road moonlight bowlish. Great snow up high, still brush down low. And open creeks... dog swallowing open creeks.

Great to be back out riding. Thanks Ben for waisting a good day, and hanging with a gimp.

I like the TR but a photo of the TEAM. ;)

Good to have you back Scott!

Scott, great to see a report, been wondering about/missing your TR's. I made a failed attempted at Vahala, after the big snow, and eyeballed some of those big lines you have ticked off, on my way home.  Good to have you back on the board.

Glad to hear you are healed up and back at it!
Let's go for a trudge this winter?!

Reply to this TR

winter-solstice-2017
alecapone
2017-12-24 08:03:49