Home > Forum > Stevens - Tue 12/19

Stevens - Tue 12/19

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
19 Dec 2017 18:56 - 19 Dec 2017 19:15 #230416 by Quick foot
Stevens - Tue 12/19 was created by Quick foot
There were lots of people, it seemed like all of the lots were full.  Hogs had a pretty good line for a while, with a gatekeeper. The other lifts were not bad.  There was no grooming at all. The whole mountain had a lot of small bumps and ruts .  Even with the new snow there were still plenty of terrain traps.  The visibility was pretty bad as it was snowing hard in the morning.  I'm not complaining about that.  The snow slacked off and the visibility improved in the middle of the day.  It got worse again later.  It really wasn't a powder day because the mountain got tracked out immediately and  the bumps were everywhere. In the bad visibility, it was hard to get anything going.  I started out the day on the powder boards and swapped out after only four runs.  Jupiter was running, but it's very thin at the bottom.  Double diamond Southern Cross we're not open. There were some icy spots. I actually had some fun runs in the cut up, close to the trees, in several areas.  Three cars, deep in the ditch, plus a couple of spinouts on the way up.  Chains required both ways on the way down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.