Crystal -12/17

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
17 Dec 2017 15:35 #230399 by ddk
Crystal -12/17 was created by ddk
Yee Haa Big Winter is Back!....New snow, Big Fun....Oh wait a minute....I don't really work for the marketing department....

The Real Report (trying)....Didnt pay much attention to the micro weather reports...needed to go to see the results of a week of "nice" weather...SAD! Not really really sad but 3" or so new was not enough....Less open, more closed off (the crap I use to get places), was some very nice grooming - Lucky, Mid GV Bowl (below Grubstake), probably lots of FQex runs (only did Rolling Knoll and Tinker to Quicksliver on my exit run). Today? My worst (didn't ski any of the truly rainy days this season) weather conditions TOP 1 (out of three?) days of the season...Foggy, wet mist on goggles, bad vis in most places I wanted to go, more ropes, more rocks, more ???....but really Crystal has done a great job grooming what they have into the high traffic areas...so for the folks that can stay on Piste - Great conditions!...Otherwise gotta say its challenging mentally...That said...I'll be up with #1 tomorrow!. Today was damper and wetter and worse on the vis oh meter than I expected (congrats to all the smart folks! That stayed home to watch football). But I did have some fun turns, the snow was "relatively" soft in most places, the rocks were not to massive on the main runs...and it was another day of to many groomer lazy no bump put in the time skiing (I Love Skiing!) to be ready when WINTER REALLY STARTS....PRAY!

Other - Pizza and Beer were excellent in CB lodge, soup was the (?) spicy meatball soup (I know its eatable...but...pizza is way better). Base soup was Tomato Bisque (again?) Crowd in the lodges was busy...Pay lot weekend big and way to empty!...Rest of A full, with about half of B and maybe ¾ of C...So a few folks showed up. Vis was improving when I left...but...as usual I did have an okay fun day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.