Blackcomb - 12/12

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
12 Dec 2017 18:24 #230362 by ddk
Blackcomb - 12/12 was created by ddk
Short walk to lifts. Felt cold. Groomers all frozen solid... didn't go off piste. Light crowds. Sunny afternoon. Snow soft spring at the base. Coverage good on the main runs, very thin off. Village busy. Forecast for more sun tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CascadeSkier
  • [CascadeSkier]
More
12 Dec 2017 18:54 #230363 by CascadeSkier
Replied by CascadeSkier on topic Re: Blackcomb - 12/12
I was there all last week and had a fine time due to a true inversion (26F base, 40+ alpine). Every day I was forced to ski in the sun! The Horsham and Blackcomb Glaciers kept me smiling, as did many tree runs (Arthurs, Outer Limits, CBC, Raptor's Ride). We timed the opening of Blackcomb's Glacier and Showcase T-bar just right and had many fresh tracks. Sorry to hear of your frozen tundra, but coverage off-piste is quite good. Ski Patrol was claiming that opening week @ Whistler was "as good as it gets". Of course the big rains just before Turkey Day ruined that parade as 3-4 feet of base was lost. The big snow coming up this weekend should fix things.

Next up is Crystal this Thursday where I'll bring my hockey stick to flick rocks off the groomers. The big snow coming up this weekend should fix things.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.