Home > Forum > Engelberg, Switzerland - 2/3 December

Engelberg, Switzerland - 2/3 December

• jimmyjam
  • [jimmyjam]
More
11 Dec 2017 12:44 #230347 by jimmyjam
Engelberg, Switzerland - 2/3 December was created by jimmyjam
I took advantage of a business trip that spanned a weekend and ran down to Engelberg for my first turns of the season.  Skied Saturday and Sunday with about a foot of dry, fresh snow on Saturday combined with sunny, blue skies.  Sunday was tracked out but still awesome.  Hands down the best first day of skiing in a decade or two.  I logged 30k of vertical the first day and about 20k the next (ok, I slept in...).

There was great coverage over the whole mountain. Probably one of the best starts to the ski season in the Alps in a few years. Crowds were surprisingly low as the European ski holiday season has not started yet. 

Now I'm timing my next trip back 27/28 January.  I may go back to Engelberg or give Andermatt a try...although the drive is a bit further.

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2017 12:10 #230384 by rlsg
Awesome....keep us posted...any pics...videos?

More
14 Dec 2017 20:20 #230389 by Zap
I skied Andermatt Ski area decades ago. I also had a business dealer in Switzerland. He is a skier so we skied for a day. We rode the cable car all day. Top at 9700' and the base at 4700'. We had a powder day.  Years later Jill and I also skied there. Gemsstock was our only place to skied at Andermatt. Northern exposure, some steep areas with on and off-piste. Look forward to your trip report.  ;)

More
14 Dec 2017 21:20 #230390 by rlsg
Zap...do you have any pics you could post?

More
15 Dec 2017 10:22 #230392 by Zap

Zap...do you have any pics you could post?

No photos just memories. ;)