December 7, 2017 Summit West

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Dec 2017 15:02 #230297 by Zap
December 7, 2017 Summit West was created by Zap
I planned to make a few runs and check out the covered.  It was foggy at 9am and also when I left at 11am. The groomers were in good shape. Untracked is a "take a chance" on the ride. The Julies lift has nice groomed coverage and no fog. But anything at higher elevation was fogged in. No fun fog. Half way down the Pacific Crest lift, you could see. But the upper half was fogged in.

I planned to ski off Wildside lift. I rode Pacific Crest lift and took the right groomer off the top towards the groomer to Wildside. The upper trail goes next to the trees and you can see. But the right groomer ends and if you don't stop you have a bad exit. You head in the left direction until you hit another groomer put it is in the fog. I was on Thunderbird trail in the fog and I waited for any one to come down from the top of Wildside. I waited for awhile and there were no skiers/boarders. So I decided to go back to Pacific Crest and wait to see if there were other Wildside folks coming back until I leave at 11am. I did not meet any Wildside folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.