Home > Trip Reports > January 29, 2006, Blewett Pass

January 29, 2006, Blewett Pass

1/29/06
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by Mr.Doober on 1/29/06 7:13pm
Mrs. Doober and I got another late start...noon with the skiis on and heading up toward Black Diamond looking for some low angle slopes. We managed to find some lovely turns in silky smooth powder, stable as could be (not much steeper than 25 degrees), in broken trees and glades...short but sweet runs. Thanks to the two other parties we ran into for breaking trail and pointing us in the right direction. We almost headed to Snoqualmie Pass for lift skiing...it's a good thing we didn't, as I heard it took over an hour to get from Alpental to the highway, which happened to be closed at the end of the day. I guess we won't be finding that kind of quality for a while now...
I was out there yesterday as well.  Took Mama Bear on her skis and Baby Bear in her pack.  We hit the Wenatchee Ridge trail from the snopark.  There were some nice tracks already layed down for us (good practice for Mama Bear!), so the going was easy even with the precious cargo.  Like you said, lots of nice safe glades filled in with the velvety smooth!  Perfect for family fun.  Quite a snow storm on the way home, but plenty of coffee and some bockwursts in Leavenworth got us home safe and sound.

Reply to this TR

january-29-2006-blewett-pass
Mr.Doober
2006-01-30 03:13:19