Crystal 11/28

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
28 Nov 2017 14:37 #230187 by ddk
Crystal 11/28 was created by ddk
Felt like a "real" opener having to ride up the Bucket this morning....except for the fact that there were only 6 folks standing around at 8:45 (non working employees), besides all the actually working employees...Snowing lightly, Valley skier right side was doable first run (old tired legs and old tired brain trying to figure out if it was skiable)...and every run after that got happier! Never a lift line - duh? Had fun skiing the bowl , Ann's run (pounding it into shape), Grubstake Trees and did my first runs of the season down Grubstake - very doable, lower entrance so as not to rock my rock Coombas more than needed. Gate to Lucky was open....so decided to take a chance on another Bucket ride (line? Not). Lucky skied fine, actually better coverage than last Saturday, skied to the base via bottom of FQex over to QS....coverage was very skiable all the way to the base...happy....do another T2B for the crowd that cant get enough of Bucket rides...just about enough for me thanks to no lines (probably the last rides till spring). Another early season short day, but with a lot more vert than running FQex. Snowed all morning with a few wettish flakes on the goggles late morning. Some big wind gust, but no lift impacts. Last T2B run down Lucky, around noon, the snow conditions were a little damper, not so nice light fresh deep (3 to 4) as early, but still got to ski to the base with out having to download the Bucket - double Yee Haa!

Other - No soup at the base (maybe up top in the Rafters or the Elk), everything was pretty shut down. Pay lot was smallish and emptyish as normal, rest of A had some very very widely spaced rows and there was not a lot of cars anywhere else.

Other Other - Only a couple more days in November...not an epic start, but still a mighty fine not doing chores in the lowlands kind of month...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2017 17:11 #230189 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic Re: Crystal 11/28
I hear you on the chores, I might have to take a look around the hill in the AM, thanks for the Crystal STOKE, keep the real vibe alive. Keep it coming Ullr.

• nordique
  • [nordique]
More
28 Nov 2017 19:13 #230192 by nordique
Replied by nordique on topic Re: Crystal 11/28
ddk! Crystal should comp you with a free season pass, for all the superb reporting you do, every single day (almost)! I'm sure I speak for a lot of us when I say you provide a link to Crystal Mt that is more valuable than anything on the Crystal Mt website. No other ski area in the state has such regular on-slope reporting!

More
28 Nov 2017 19:40 #230193 by Binx
Replied by Binx on topic Re: Crystal 11/28
We need to have DDK ski all night, then write the report at 5 am, then we would really be set.
I agree, he does a good job with his creative writing. O-by the way DDK did you forget how to text
and return e-mails? I was up early looking at telemetry and did not think it looked good. Glad you had a good day. :)

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
28 Nov 2017 19:50 #230194 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal 11/28
Agree with all...everybody should send the marketing girls...or John...a request to get me my free pass....Not likely...and yes I do have fun...
ps BINX...sorry my email reading is random...cell calls works better...sorry I missed your note till just now...Goin tomorrow and probably Thursday and maybe Friday....and I'm sure every day will be terrible. ;)

• nordique
  • [nordique]
More
28 Nov 2017 19:54 #230195 by nordique
Replied by nordique on topic Re: Crystal 11/28
I assume DDK is quite a bit older than you--though perhaps not as old as me--and I have trouble keeping up with all my emails, to say nothing of texts.  Just driving to and from Crystal almost daily--that's too much like commuting to work for me (though 'work'  is a decade ago for me) as well as farther than any commute I've ever had to deal with!

Awaiting tomorrow's soup and ski report from DDK!

• Chamois
  • [Chamois]
More
29 Nov 2017 10:15 #230199 by Chamois
Replied by Chamois on topic Re: Crystal 11/28
Now if we could only push him into backcountry skiing with the same level of reporting - now that would be cool!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
29 Nov 2017 16:24 #230204 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal 11/28

Now if we could only push him into backcountry skiing with the same level of reporting - now that would be cool!

You gotta know that if I'm inbounds stoked that out of bounds is off the charts....and most folks that go backcountry...dont want me reporting on the "real" goods! ;)