Crystal - 11/25 Happy T Day Weekend

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
25 Nov 2017 14:45 #230093 by ddk
Short version - I was skiing! What do you think it was like ;D

Long wordy report - Aaaahhhh....early season withdrawal symptoms were starting to kick in.. :(....after watching the big rains early in the week and "sadly" getting to be nice on T-Day (and doing my own little birdie on the barbie on Friday)...Had to ski today...Got a msg from BINX and he let me ski with him all morning (till he downloaded! the Bucket - OUCH!)...I was waiting at the base for him to unload...

Anyway, ski info - Way better than I expected, light early lift line(duh) and no lift lines anywhere all morning (double duh). Skied from 8:30 to noon in pleasant filtered deep winter sunshine - very nice actually. Some winds blowing off the top, but it felt pretty warm. No grooming and surprisingly no boiler plate nasty coral head ice (at least were we skied). Spent the morning doing the big figure 8's riding REX and GV chairs. GV Bowl skiers rightish - smooth enough and carveable enough for the COOMBA's! and then LS around the back side (I hate the backside - other than the views). Skied and skied and repeats...lots of lazy easy bumps on upper LS and pretty much dodging rock gardens on the lower face of LS. Rocks, Rocks, Rocks every where rocks, but with good vis and a half way functional brain those rocks were not a real problem...except for the last 100 ft to the base in Disco Meadows - almost considered walking - but the Cooomba Rock Skis managed to slice and dice and not take any damage - love those Coombas.

Other - Soup at CB lodge when we passed through was Enchilada something or other...base had the Triple C (I think)....Pay lot was holiday smallish sized, but more than typically empty. Rest of A full, maybe half of C and B had cars parked almost to the shuttle stop.

Other other - Apparently Crystal has had some power problems since Thursday or so...REX running on diesel and slow, noticed when we left that the Bucket was running on backup power...Worst part of riding with BINX today was we had a lot of chair stops - everywhere - some just long enough to almost hurt...cant remember that many stops.

Good day, Good to get some muscle building turns in....Glad I went...Thanks BINX for a very nice social morning ;).... Now... GO HUSKIES!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2017 19:38 #230169 by Binx
Replied by Binx on topic Re: Crystal - 11/25 Happy T Day Weekend
I wasn't very optimistic this Am, however it turned out to be decent. DDKs report sums it up
fairly well. Lots of stops on the REX, power issues. Nice ride down the gondola checking out
all the Norse peak fire damage. Cougars are sucking it up big time!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.