Crystal 11/20 Big Wet

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
20 Nov 2017 16:12 - 20 Nov 2017 18:23 #230143 by ddk
Crystal 11/20 Big Wet was created by ddk
Short report - Got some turns in...not primo, but could have been fun in the sun early afternoon....If I was not so old and it had not been #1's second day - bad quads!

Long winded to wordy report - Yee Haa big day....oh maybe not?...didnt get first CHex chair - maybe not even 120th chair...Big rain when we arrived, still pretty big rain at the base at 8:45....we're old, we have time, we can sit around in the lodge a little longer - first tracks? Oh well!...9:30 looking like possible, 9:45 almost teaser sucker hole possible...Oh well go out and get wet...#1 and I did....#1 needed to get some skiing on her "oldish" legs and she did...not  to bad for our runs on FQex (couple Queens and a Downhill), reasonable nice (not pouring rain, actual getting colder dryer snow falling...I only ended up using one pair of gloves today - YEE HAA).  Dropped off #1 at CB lodge around 11ish, lots of folks in there, nice Bar with very nice beer and very nice beer mugs (and a few hard cores getting there first Tap beers of the season).  Went and did a couple of runs off REX on LS...doable, off edge piste were it was untracked was still Coomba happy.  Any place else that had been cut up pretty much suc!ed.  Headed back to CB lodge to pick up #1...hhhmmm....sun shine, no precip falling from the ski, pretty dang pleasant in the early afternoon...I did not want to quit...1pm...no lift line, nobody on the slopes, good vis, partly sunny...DANG....oh well...#1's quads were shot - she had a good day two and I had an easy day ? snow quality was nice - wet snow is actually nice.

Other - Big news CB lodge has a bar of very nice tap beers with big mugs. No noticeable heat again today, but the pizza oven looks impressive (and there will be Glut Free versions for folks like #1).  Big news for the soup folks is "real" hard metal soup spoons! Soup today was something called Tuscan Sasuage (little meatballs) bean soup - actually pretty good.

Other other - Nice small empty pay lot, rest of A was actually full with over flow to the front of C lot...B looked like employees...

Report is a little later than it could have been...no power at the house when we go home? What?...oh well...workin now...time to go out for some good Thai food...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
20 Nov 2017 16:21 #230145 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: Crystal 11/20 Big Wet
this might be a good time to point out that DDK's early life in the prison camps with endless forced child labor, was very very hard. After that anything seams better. Evan today

More
20 Nov 2017 16:27 #230147 by Binx
Replied by Binx on topic Re: Crystal 11/20 Big Wet
Extra gloves??? Come on now, we know you only have 1 set, just like your goggles.
How about trying out those gloves tomorrow!! :)

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
20 Nov 2017 18:17 #230150 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal 11/20 Big Wet
funny....

• Chamois
  • [Chamois]
More
21 Nov 2017 11:15 #230152 by Chamois
Replied by Chamois on topic Re: Crystal 11/20 Big Wet
The worst day skiing is better than the best day....well, most of the time anyway. There are days when inside projects are the better call.