Crystal - 11/18 Hamster Heaven

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Nov 2017 15:16 #230128 by ddk
Crystal - 11/18 Hamster Heaven was created by ddk
Short version - GREAT DAY! Great Conditions. Great snow pack. :)

Long Wordy version - Day Four! Maybe not as deep new in the core area....but Yee Haa fun for me and lots of other happy folks. Arrived early, got a slot in the front of CHex, crowd was pretty fair sized for the start at 8:30 (early nice). Kinda greyer conditions than I was expecting, a little flat on the light, but it kept getting brighter and brighter till it was pretty awesome nice sunny. Skied easy REX groomers (LS the only one) early with a couple runs over to FQex to check out the HC line up...and it was a line up this morning, way past my stand in Chair 6 line sized (heard some folks stood in line for an hour to get first tracks). Kept going back to REX for no lines and finally as the sun really started to shine during the 10 o'clock hour the real hamster started to kick into overdrive...First BP's - looked nice from REX, was soft and good but still early season challenging (especially for a guy that uses his ski poles to much)...then on to SunnySide (happy many times), MIFB - which had a number of repeats (kinda nasty rocky on top but most of it good soft easy bumps)...finally by 11am the line up on Chair 6 was short enough to suck me in....and gee I do like sloppy left overs in PB! Worth two cycles, there are rocks on top but not hard to get past (on the PB route skiers right side), no clue how bad south direction is, but the tracks on the King looked nice enough). Finished my day with a number of repeats of SunnySide and MIFB, with skiers right side of GV bowl primo packed small bumps carving fun....BUMPS! I was in my little treadmill hamster heaven today. Only went to the bottom of GV twice (once early and once late), both times to lift lines, but I bet the lines were bigger mid to late morning.

Other - I stayed away from certain chairs during the typical 10:30 rush hour from the late arrivals, there were no lifts lines anywhere at 1pm (and conditions were perfect at that time). Soup at the base was Tomato something or other, crowd in the base lodge waiting for food was impressive, outdoor fire cafe was closed, Crystal was running out of beer from what I heard (except for the really dark stuff). Pay lot this morning was holiday/January weekend massive and emptier than normal with very wide row spacing, rest of A was packed as was B,C,D and E (lordy!)....where were all those folks? Great day for me, great hamster bump skiing, glad I did not stay in bed this morning - gonna hurt tomorrow since today was my first real BIG day.

Other other - The Coomba rock skis really were happy today! Have I ever said I really luv my Coombas? ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2017 16:38 #230131 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic Re: Crystal - 11/18 Hamster Heaven
Nice report, Spot on as usual , I am holding out for Monday, NOW that I can frikin ski any day I want.... Monday might be last of Fluff with a warm Front rolling in. Come on Ullr, keep it cold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.