Home > Trip Reports > November 15, 2017, Stevens Pass

November 15, 2017, Stevens Pass

11/15/17
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by mikerolfs on 11/15/17 1:21pm
I think it might have snowed 10 new inches overnight. It was the kind of deep that does all your speed control for you. We met mountain manager, Bill Bourton, in the base area. He told us that they will open two chairs tomorrow. You could still ski the backside under your own power! The coverage seemed pretty solid to us.

video: video

Damn, that looks good.  Can't believe I'm taking 115 underfoot skis to Baker's opening tomorrow.  Is that Mike Rolfs on locked down gear?

I like the giant yeti cat watching the skier, who might have been lucky the cat didn't pounce.

No his heals were totally free, and he was slaying it!

Heh.. the November to remember.. :/

I did one lap up tye mill to dudley's with my dog kololo that day. 12 pm start. Backside did indeed look amazing, with few tracks. We just did DD to khers, lift line direct. Not a scratch.

Reason for posting... Apparently Stevens no longer allows dogs during partial early season openings? Fortunately we got our day in, but in the past I've done it later. Only to smiles and waves from patrol. I didn't find out the hard way, but good to know. No I'll feelings. Understandable how that could get out of control..

Also mentioned elsewhere, you now must first check in with patrol for self served.

Reply to this TR

november-15-2017-stevens-pass
mikerolfs
2017-11-15 21:21:55