Home > Trip Reports > Nov 11, 2017, - Timberline Lodj to Mid Palmer

Nov 11, 2017, - Timberline Lodj to Mid Palmer

11/11/17
OR Mt Hood
Posted by astrov on 11/12/17 8:37am
TAY month 2.

Low winds, fresh snow, no precip. Poor viz. Nice soft snow on the side of the cat track, which we never left significantly due to rocks and low viz.

Quite a few people making their way uphill on the cat track. We made it halfway up Palmer and bailed due to my laziness primarily.

My first attempt to tele. Maiden voyage of tele skis that I bought here from Brigit A (thx)! Didn't get any zen master tele turns but I bent my knee 5 degrees more than usual on a few of them. Baby steps!

*Edit: One other item of note in this dispatch is that the parking lots at T-line were full when we got back to our car at about 11:15AM. People were squabbling over our space when we left! You don't see that everyday. It looked like there was parking down lower by the access road (marked "No Parking" but apparently not being enforced?)

- Astrov

(**Additional edit. I just saw that there is a "non-backcountry" section of the site. If I'm breaching protocol by posting here, please let me know. Although we were in lift-served terrain, neither Magic Mile nor Palmer were running. But a good argument can be made that this TR anyway belongs in the resort served section. It was a side country experience, I guess you could say)
Saw people getting orange tow stickers in the No parking zones on Saturday. Don't know if they got tickets or what. 

Reply to this TR

nov-11-2017-timberline-lodj-to-mid-palmer
astrov
2017-11-12 16:37:08