Home > Trip Reports > October 29, 2017, Paradise

October 29, 2017, Paradise

10/29/17
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by Charlie Hagedorn on 10/29/17 9:06am
Smooth up top, slightly bumpy down low. Continuous skinning starts at Pebble Creek. Corn was good around 2pm.

Also of note, Susan got her first TAY today - a testament to this summer's ski quality, as she has standards!

Edit: Photos added. Notable were an extensive slide spanning much of the western margin of the Nisqually and a seven (?) year-old ripper who power-wedged the entire snowfield. If you're the patient/stoked parent who accompanied him, get in touch for more photos.
I saw video on Insta of that 7-year old skiing the snowfield. I'm betting that not one of his buddies back home can say they've skied a volcano. Here's to hoping yesterday starts his TAY quest. If he stays at it until he's my age that would be like a 1000 months or something.

My wife and I were up there yesterday too, and we watched that family whiz by. What an inspiration, and a great way to respond to people when they say "you can't do those kinds of things once you have kids."

Great work!

fun pics. Muir snowplow, lol

I think our group was right behind yours! We had an awesome time on the Paradise too. More pics and conditions report (even though, let's face it I'm super late to the party) inlcluding a pic of the little ripper on my blog: http://kristinatravels.blogspot.com/2017/11/close-your-face-6-years-of-turns-all.html

False advertisement: I didn't see a picture of the little ripper. Hoping to trick my 3 yo into skiing this year. Right now he's just aggressively backwashing into any drink we'll share with him. 

Looks like a fun day.

I take it back. "This kid is my hero!"  Somehow I missed it.

author=skykilo link=topic=38995.msg157642#msg157642 date=1510331682]
False advertisement: I didn't see a picture of the little ripper. 

FALSE! There's totally a photo of the little ripper in there! Pic #8/10!!

Reply to this TR

october-29-2017-paradise
Charlie Hagedorn
2017-10-29 16:06:10