Home > Forum > Good (lightweight) cross-carry ski pack ????????

Good (lightweight) cross-carry ski pack ????????

• Jake the Brit
  • [Jake the Brit]
More
09 Sep 2017 20:54 #229914 by Jake the Brit
I don't want to A-frame no more,
Duh nuh nuh nuh nuh.

I want to be a cool Brah hand have da Cross-carry.
Duh nuh nuh nuh nuh.

Any recommends? Light, simple, but stout enough to haul splitboards, climbing hardware, all that heavy jazz.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Randito
  • [Randito]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
09 Sep 2017 22:32 #229915 by Randito
I have both the Arc'teryx Quintic 28 and the 38. Works really well -- balance is phenomenal for skiing downhill aggressively. Sadly no longer made. Uses a plastic internal framesheet, so not really comfortable for lugging a ton of climbing gear, but up to basic glacier gear it works really well. The current Arc'Teryx ski packs might be worth a look.

All the Dynafit ski packs feature diagonal carry, but use an elastic strap for the top fix -- which works great for quickly stowing a light pair of skis without removing the pack from your back. However the elastic is "underpowered" for heavier skis and is quite overtaxed for carrying skis with boots clipped into the bindings. Also the one Dynafit pack I owned started falling apart after a half dozen trips.

More
18 Sep 2017 12:01 #229928 by rover
I've had good luck with Black Diamond packs. Currently using a couple years old one with the avalung, but it diagonal carries pretty nice. If I was buying a new one today I'd look hard at the Cirque 35 (or 45, depending how much crap you want to carry).