Home > Trip Reports > June 26, 2017, Crag View (boots found?!)

June 26, 2017, Crag View (boots found?!)

6/26/17
Posted by silaswild on 6/26/17 8:22am
Parking for Schreiber Meadows is 200yd short of the trailhead today. Likely drivable tomorrow. We were able to skin without carries from 3700' on the Scott Paul trail to a snow covered stream bed at 4000' then up to timberline and up Crag View from the east.  Campers there told me they'd hardly slept overnight due to constant winds, which were still blowing at 1130am. Skinning was slushy, skiing was sticky above timberline and then stiff DD cups with evergreen needles.  The kids in my group were last seen continuing on a thousand feet above me. I recommend CD route for better conditions (walk with tennies for an hour, then continuous smoother snow.)  edit:  just heard that yesterday skiing was sticky on the Coleman glacier too. :(

We found a pair of abandoned lonely ski boots at a lower parking spot than ours, were you so tired on exit that you forgot them?  Or did your mangled feet demand a new pair?  Pm me if they're yours and you want them back.
Betting a dollar these boots belong to someone in the Seattle/Pugetopolis corridor.

It turned into unconsoldated mush from 8k-10k. At least it one of the easiest most direct skins to the summit I have had on the Squak. Fairly smooth snow above 7500.

Reply to this TR

june-26-2017-crag-view-boots-found
silaswild
2017-06-26 15:22:00